Nominate Open For National Sailing HOF
For the Hall of Fame 2017 Class of the US National Sailing candidate nomination has been started.
The nomination for various categories should be submitted by midnight (Pacific Time) on 30 March, 2017. Nomination received post 30 March will get included automatically for consideration for the 2018 Class of Induction.
The 2017 Class will be the 7th group to get into the Hall of Fame.
Categories for the nomination include
- The category for SAILING recognizes achievements made by Offshore Sailor, Cruiser or Sailboat Racer on the water.
- The category for TECHNICAL recognizes the sailors as well as the crew who have contributed aspects of technical sailing significantly. E.g. Designers, Boat Builders, Sailmakers, etc.
- The category CONTRIBUTOR recognizes those sailors and crew who have contributed significantly in the American sailing experience. Some of the examples are Coaches, Teachers, Administrators, Artists; Media (includes work of author, film, TV etc.) Promoters, Organizers and Musicians.
Way to nominate
One can nominate anyone almost from past or present in the history of American Sailing— a racer, pioneer, cruiser, inventor, author, naval architect, musician, instructor or… anyone, who has contributed significantly to the American Sailing.
The candidate should be
- The citizen of the U.S. However, person of international birth who has contributed significantly in the development of the sailing sport in the United States can also be nominated.
- The candidate should be at the age of 45 years or above. Nomination for posthumous can be done after 5 years of post-mortem. Or in the year in which the deceased person reaches the age of 45, whichever is sooner.
The condition is, the nomination for category should be wisely and it should be convincing. A case could be built for the nomination to enter the Hall of Fame.
Complete information can be collected with regards to same from the website.